9 Ağustos 2014 Cumartesi

amazon review: Supply Chain Management at Warp Speed

Supply Chain Management at Warp Speed: Integrating the System from End to End
Supply Chain Management at Warp Speed: Integrating the System from End to End


5.0 out of 5 stars it is better to be approximately right than presicely wrong, March 30, 2014
 
 
I was trying to restructure my business in the light of TOC. My scope was really narrow; factory, central warehouse and own shops. I was lost between my readings and my realities. In that time I have read this book, it was a definite relief for me.

I have discovered that there is no real benefit to try for accurate data.I have understood that "the simpler the better", no need for detailed spreadsheets.I also saw that there is no need to improve everything, I had devised a step by step plan. I have realized the need for a proper execution as well as a good plan and planning vs execution difference.

The book gave enough detail for a first trial implementation of buffer management. Comparing S-DBR vs MRP, S-DBR vs Lean were useful for me.There was some detail about rope concept. Listed possible complications were coinciding with my realities.

I found a comparison of MTO, MTS and MTA and it was very enlightening for me.TOC distribution solution was explained in the book. I found attractive the listed reflections of this solution on raw materials. I am trying to update my existing MRP software to cover this issue.

After this book, I have bought the other one also, Manufacturing at Warp Speed.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder