9 Ağustos 2014 Cumartesi

amazon review: Isn't It Obvious ? A business Novel on Retailing...

Isn't It Obvious?: A Business Novel on Retailing Using the Theory of Constraints
Isn't It Obvious?: A Business Novel on Retailing Using the Theory of Constraints


5.0 out of 5 stars good for low volume & fresh distributor, March 30, 2014
 
 
We are trying to transform our business in TOC way. We are producing goods, distributing them to our shops and to wholesalers. We are not an ultra modern retailer, we are not a very high volume trader.

In our circumstances I found this book exciting. I could find a lot of resistance points in the book that I faced in reality. In the book they had to find a way due to a phsyical problem. In reality we have tried to change something which everybody thinks as OK and accomplishing in the same way for years.

I used the examples in the book to enhance my view in my reality. We are in the test run. I like the way this book guided me.

In my eyes today's fast retailers are focusing cross shipments among stores. Actually Goldratt's solution is more simple and cheap and effective to me: Keep everything in a central warehouse (you may need distribution ceters according to your geographical presence) and distribute everything to the stores as per what has been sold in last 2 - 3 days. No need to cross ship anything. No stock-out, no excess stock...

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder