16 Haziran 2017 Cuma

amazon review: The Culture Map / Erin Meyer / 2015


4.0 out of 5 stars Awareness of difference to improve relationship
I am Turkish and working in Vietnam. We are producing men's shirts. I am the only one foreigner on site.
I have tried all my intuition to fit in Vietnamese culture for three months. I did some progress.
I read the book. Then I visited affiliated web site. I have completed free Self Assessment and asked my team to fill in like myself.
We had drawn our profiles on the same map and tried to identify opportunities to close the cultural gap for 8 dimensions mentioned in the book.
This was a very helpful rebouncing point for all of us.
Now we all know that there are cultural differences, no culture is better or superior than the other.
And nothing is personal, we are on the same team!
I liked the book.
It is not 5 stars because
...we could not find Vietnam in Self Assessment tool,
...I had no reply to my inquiry from Erin Meyer,
...online payment system was not working to purchase online access code.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder