29 Ekim 2014 Çarşamba

amazon review: Synchronous Management Vol 2 / Srikanth, Umble / 1997


Synchronous Management : Profit-Based Manufacturing for the 21st Century Vol 2
Synchronous Management : Profit-Based Manufacturing for the 21st Century Vol 2
by Mokshagundam L. Srikanth
Edition: Paperback



4.0 out of 5 stars Good explanation of V-A-T structure and DBR adoptability, remember TOC is evolving since 1997....October 29, 2014

There is a brief summary of Volume I in the beginning. One can benefit from this volume on its own, ie. without reading Volume I.

There is a comparative method throughout the book as conventional vs synchronized which is good for me.

every time it has been listed as "conventional solution" I thought .... Yes, I have been there!
I feel comfortable about author's very well actualy striking understanding of work environment. Usualy I thought someone from academia would not understand what we are suffering in a factory, seemingly I was wrong ...

Production structures (V-A-T-I) is a nice concept to realize what is going on around us. In the book I Type has not been mentioned at all.

Again the theory is evolving and inital buffer size suggestion has moved from a quarter in the book to half of current lead time.
Also production lead time is now considered as a buffer size as opposed to the book (process time+buffer time) since process times are generally accepted as %10 of total lead time.

I do like the case studies.

If you have some interest on DBR and about to do something in your factory I think this is a good starting point.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder