12 Ocak 2016 Salı

amazon review: Thinking, Fast and Slow / Daniel Kahneman / 2011


Thinking, Fast and Slow
Thinking, Fast and Slow
by Daniel Kahneman
Edition: Paperback



5.0 out of 5 stars Eye opener, showed me "why" of what I have done recently..., January 11, 2016
I have tried to summarize my life in terms of decision making. I could not succeed. Then I have tried this book. Amazingly within 3 broad concepts everything has been fit in.
1. System Concept: There heve been different names for this concept. System1 is the survival instinct builtin out brain. System2 is the analytic mind of us. they are always in touch and surprisingly we have been guided by System1 most of the time even we are not living in jungles anymore!
2. Econ-Human Distinction: I am an engineer and 25 years of experienced manager in a company. I have not realized that basic assumptions of economic theory are so invalid as per my personal way of being a human. That is why the author named it as a different specie, ECON. We, HUMANS, do feel, remember, inconsistent :)
3. Two Selves : Experiencing Self is the one living with us, real experience. Remebering Self is the score keper and decision maker.

In the book you could also find very interesting details about sales communication, tips for recruitment, cautions against use of forecasting as well.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder