24 Temmuz 2014 Perşembe

amazon review: Performance Improvement for Healthcare



Performance Improvement for Healthcare: Leading Change with Lean, Six Sigma, and Constraints Management

Performance Improvement for Healthcare: Leading Change with Lean, Six Sigma, and Constraints Management
by Bahadir Inozu
Edition: Hardcover



4.0 out of 5 stars A different method to explain TOC, June 22, 2014
 
I like the book.

This is the first book I have ever read on TOC written without Socratic method. I found it more friendly and feel more comfortable. I believe there are cultural differences between western and eastern societies. I think the friendly way of this book well complies with eastern culture.

I like the light brief of TOC - Lean - 6sigma. This was a very frank brief since it is not attempting to explain everything. There is a wide list of references for those interested readers.

I like the reasoning and focus on "Why to use it?" since I believe this is the most cruical part. Authors stay objective between Lean - 6sigma - TOC techniques. They are promoting CPI method which is a version of iTLS mentioned in Epiphanized book.

I like the way of promotion also. I do not feel that they are trying to sell me a product. I feel that this is a very reasonable combination of these three techniques, evolved with experience. I feel inside the desire to meet the team rather than challenging to "do it yourself".

I am not from healthcare industry but my brother and my father are surgeons. I could say I am not too distant to hospitals. I think the structure for CPI in a hospital is bureaucratic but I am not aware of internal Dynamics of a hospital anyway. I wish to have a structure based on the scale of hospital not to frighten small clinics. I feel myself secure if I sense that in CPI it is possible for Novaces to handle this bureaucracy onbehalf of us.

I hope the authors will consider the possibility to rewrite the book in Turkish and this time as a business novel :)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder