9 Ağustos 2014 Cumartesi

amazon review: Manufacturing at Warp Speed

Manufacturing at Warp Speed: Optimizing Supply Chain Financial Performance (The CRC Press Series on Constraints Management)
Manufacturing at Warp Speed: Optimizing Supply Chain Financial Performance (The CRC Press Series on Constraints Management)
by Eli Schragenheim
Edition: Hardcover



5.0 out of 5 stars Laboratory study at home, March 30, 2014
 
 
I have read Supply Chain Management at Warp Speed before this book. This book is a more detailed version of the other one with a narrower scope. It was a coincidence with my efforts to implement TOC in my business. I found it very useful.

Part I - it was introducing basics of TOC. A well balanced blend of logical thinking, throughput accounting, 5 principles.

Part II - Traditional DBR. safety stock vs emergency stock, buffer management, generic manufacturing conflicts, a very good example to show the basic calculation and interpretations, comparison with MRP method.

Part III - S-DBR. planned load, buffer management, simulation software practising to test different policy constraints, logical reasoning behind the system, managing excess capacity

Part IV - Effects of Throughput Accounting view on daily decisions, simulation practising of changing policies, comparison with ERP

I liked the simulation study. Yes it took time to understand the software, I have never been confident to run it %100 control but anyway it was a good option to safely and cheaply test main policy biases. It is in English and therefore I could not share the study with my collegaues unfortunately.

This book has accerelated my efforts to transform my business in TOC way.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder