9 Ağustos 2014 Cumartesi

amazon review: Haystack Syndrome: Sifting Information Out of Data Ocean

Haystack Syndrome: Sifting Information Out of the Data Ocean
Haystack Syndrome: Sifting Information Out of the Data Ocean
by Eliyahu M. Goldratt
Edition: Hardcover


5.0 out of 5 stars origin of recent TOC softwares, March 25, 2014
 
 
I like the book. It was like talking with him, having a cup of coffee. He was paced the book nicely to match with my logical reasoning. I feel like a pal rather than a student or a customer. This is not a "how to" book.

The book might be shorter and this is a conflict with the message. The Race was "information", while I was reading with a highligter I suddenly discovered that I have painted almost all book ! This book is different, this is a form of "data" but he has organized "information" bits at the end of chapters for review.

I learned that for a better decision it is more important to have relevant data rather than accurate data. I used to spend hours to collect more accurate data for decision making and now I stopped and spending those wasted hours with my family. This is exactly the impression what I had from The Race. This book has just confirmed my attitude.

I was dealing with R+, InherentSimplicity, SupplySuite,... recent TOC softwares and after reading this book I have understood that the ideas presented (meanwhile Goldratt was trading his scheduling software, OPT) in the book are embedded in recent softwares. These are well equipped with distribution and production solutions of TOC.

I enjoyed the example in the book which was similar to the exercises in The Race.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder