9 Ağustos 2014 Cumartesi

amazon review: The Race

The Race:
The Race:
by Eliyahu M. Goldratt
Edition: Paperback



5.0 out of 5 stars chronology, March 24, 2014
 
 
This review is from: The Race: (Paperback)
I have discovered this book after some other reading. Then I have reorganized my library chronologicaly.

This book is the second one after The Goal. The Goal was an excellent eye opener for me. This book is not a novel and therefore easy to STUDY the details, short texts with corresponding "banners" make it more emphasized.

I have understood excess stock is the root cause of my problems. Frankly I have been in lean environments for a while and identified stock as a problem but fully understanding the reason. It was like a method of implementing "lean". I could not clip the issue with accounting and company wide performance.

After reading Race I got the main point: Our goal is to live in a happy and prosper way. Our businesses, our schools, our governments are all means to accomplish this goal. Individualy we could balance our living hours with our familiy and our business colleagues. These principles led us to invest less time to get max output, which is not production but Money, ie throughput. We could make our businesses as competitive as we can to provide better and cheaper service to our nation. Our government could employ these principles countrywide.

I admit the exercises at the end are amazing. I have tested my gut and revealed that what I have been taught was simply counterintiutive and fortunately there is a better alternative.

I do admire the author, he is passed away, I wish him rest in peace.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder