7 Aralık 2015 Pazartesi

amazon review: Approximately Right, Not Precisely Wrong / Y.Eden, B.Ronen / 2007

Approximately Right, Not Precisely Wrong: Cost Accounting, Pricing, & Decision Making
Approximately Right, Not Precisely Wrong: Cost Accounting, Pricing, & Decision Making
by Yoram Eden, Boaz Ronen


4.0 out of 5 stars Practical guide, could be supplied with a more comprehensive reference list, December 7, 2015
I keep reading book in TOC Finance & Measurements. Hence I did not find everything new in my recent readings.
I admit that this book is fine for newcomers or the ones looking for fine tuning in their application.
I wish to see some more references about reported cases such as Profitability Without Boundaries book by Pirasteh. This is the largest research I have ever seen in this context Lean - 6Sigma - TOC.
I disagree the comment on ABC/M claiming to be usueful for the company. I believe eleminating "non-profitable" products and/or customers eventually cause less variety in products or "all eggs are in saome basic baskets" scenario. Moreover to realize indirect savings the company should fire people, sell resources which is devastating to me.
Meanwhile I like the way of explanation of Pareto principle. It could be more beneficial if the authors could state the other way as well. For example the rule is known as 20/80 and people tend to believe in that 20 + 80 = 100 which is wrong. In Black Swan book by N.N.Taleb US book industry was given an example as %2 of authors own %97 of all book sale. Another example is related with interdependent variables, as stated by Goldratt, it turns out to be 0,1/99,9 in this case. This is the power of constraint!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder