5 focusing steps plus basic TOC understanding is enough..,
Deming is the common denominator between Lean, 6sigma and TOC. In this book main concepts have been emphasized and presented as a guide for implementation. Frankly it is not too much different than ordinary 5 focusing steps with an understanding of TOC flavour.
Here is the decalogue:
1. establish the goal, units of measurement, operating measurements
2. understand the system
3. make the system stable
4. identify constraint, carry out 5 focusing steps
5. implement buffer management
6. reduce variability of constraint
7. create a suitable management structure
8. eleminate external constraint, sell the excess capacity
9. bring the constraint into the organization whenever possible
10. set up continuous learning program
I think reading this book is fun, not reading is not a big loss..